Sharing A Delicious Family Secret
Posted by Colleen | Now Eat This! | Posted on May 5th, 2011
If you’ve visited our tasting room, you may have had the pleasure of tasting a flight of wines with Harry, who is our resident food & wine specialist. He developed this recipe for Mango Chicken and we all agree: it’s delish with our Hommage Reserve Chardonnay!
In case you need a little dinner inspiration this weekend, Harry has shared his recipe with us!
Harry’s Mango Chicken
- 1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 pounds skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup peeled and diced ripe mangoes (if mangoes are not fully ripe – i.e. hard or tart – add mango nectar as needed, 2-6 oz)
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (fresh is best)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (fresh is best)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan on medium/medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sauté for a few minutes, then add the chicken fillets. Cook until the chicken is fully cooked, about 15 – 20 minutes.
While the chicken is cooking, combine the mango with the brown sugar, ginger, cloves and nutmeg in a bowl. Pour this over the cooked chicken and gently mix to cover all the chicken. Add soy sauce, salt and pepper to your taste. Continue to cook over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes.
Serve hot with rice, vegetables and Clos Pegase Hommage Reserve Chardonnay.